Nara Rohit is one hero who took enough care in not to fall under an image trap and is happily doing films one after the other with novelty. His recent film Shamantakamani is due to hit the screens this Friday. On this occasion he has something to say and below is some of the excerpts from his chat.
- Shamantakamani movie will be one that will be liked by all types of audience. Rohit had donned the role of a Police Officer by name Ranjith Kumar.
- He was initially hesitant to take up police characters as he has done more of them. But was attracted to the characterization and could not resist accepting the offer.
- Initially Naga Shourya listened to the same script and advised him to do this movie as it will suit him. After liking the script and his character, he gave a green signal.
- Rohit didn’t mind having no heroines opposite him in this multi-starrer. As per the script, this character does not demand a heroine.
- Actually, Rohit decreased his weight for another movie to be directed by Pavan Mallela. However, it helped for Shamantakamani. He followed a strict diet regimen without any intake of carbohydrates and was able to put down weight. He now weighs 78 kg and is aiming for 73.
- As per his opinion, there are no pre-defined elements for a movie to be called successful. Though he likes to do a commercial movie, it is important to calculate the market of his stardom is what he feels.
As of now, Rohit also has Kathalo Rajakumari ready for release. Another movie Veeraboga Vasantha Raayulu is under shoot while talkie part is left for Pandagala Vachadu.
Meanwhile, Rohit is also producing a movie Needhi Naadhi Oke Prema Kadha due for release in October. That keeps him busy for a long way.