Vegetable Rice Recipe
Vegetable rice is a mix of spicy vegetables with rice. This is a great dish for lunch. If you are not in the mood to prepare a big meal, use vegetable rice as a one-dish meal. Serve with yogurt, pickle, papadam or chutney.
- 1 In a large pan heat Oil over medium heat and saute Onion and Cumin unTil Onion are tender, but not browned.
- 2 Rinse the rise several times and drain well.
- 3 Add the Rice to the pan with the Onion and pour in the 2 cups of Water.
- 4 Stir in Salt, Garam Masala and vegetables.
- 5 Cover the pan and increase the heat to high.
- 6 Bring the mixture to a bOil and then reduce the heat to low, keeping the Rice covered at all times.
- 7 After cooking for about 10 minutes, gently stir the Rice to distribute the spices evenly.
- 8 Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or unTil all of the Water has evaporated and the Rice is tender.