Spicy Indian Dahl Recipe
Spicy Indian Dahl which is also often spelled dhal,daal and dal, is essentially a thick lentil soup that is often prepared with ghee or clarified butter, but this recipe uses just a little sesame oil for depth and flavor in place of the ghee. This simple dahl is one of my favorite go-to recipes as it is prepared with all pantry staples, it is easy and quick to prepare, and my friends and family love it.
- 1 Cook the lenTils by bOiling or pressure cooking unTil lenTils are soft. (Pressure cooking is faster.)
- 2 In a skillet heat the Oil and add Mustard.
- 3 When Mustard begin to flutter, add Onion, Ginger, Jalapeno Peppers, and Garlic.
- 4 Saute unTil the Onion and Garlic are golden brown.
- 5 Add Coriander Seedss and Cumin. Add chopped Tomatos. Saute the mixture well unTil Tomatos are well cooked.
- 6 Add Water. BOil 6 minutes. Add cooked lenTils, stirring well.
- 7 Add Salt to taste, stirring well.
- 8 Add finely chopped Cilantro and remove from heat.
- 9 Serve hot.