Mexican Bread Pudding Recipe
Mexican bread pudding – better known as capirotada – is a bread pudding that’s anything unlike any other, made with crusty bread layered with rich cheese before being drenched in a sweet syrup and baked. And while the Easter holiday wouldn’t be the same without a large pan of capirotada served as dessert, it has become a welcome addition to the traditional Mexican Christmas menu, comforting and completely addictive with its salty-sweet appeal.
- 1 Stir together Cinnamon, Water & Sugar in a pan & bring to a bOil.
- 2 When it thickens slightly, remove the Cinnamon Stick.
- 3 Cut Bread into 1/2 " thick slices, toast and then break into large pieces.
- 4 Place half of the Bread in a greased baking dish and top with Walnuts, Almond, raisin & Cheese.
- 5 Then pour half of the Cinnamon syrup and repeat layers.
- 6 Lastly sprinkle grated Orange Peel & bake at 350º C.
- 7 Serve warm, topped with Whipped Cream.