Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
|Occasion||Chirstmas, Bonefire Party, Birthday Party|
Buttermilk Pancakes have a light and spongy texture and their flavor only hints of the richness and tanginess that buttermilk offers. You begin these pancakes as you would any regular pancake batter; by whisking together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Only instead of using milk, eggs, and melted butter to bind the dry ingredients together, you replace the milk with buttermilk. The Buttermilk Pancakes are so good with pure maple syrup, but I also like them with butter and jam.
|All purpose flour||1 cup||454.4|
|Baking Soda||1 teaspoon||0||0||0|
- 1 Preheat and lightly grease a large skillet or electric griddle.
- 2 Mix the all all purpose flour, Salt, and Baking Powder together in a bowl.
- 3 Add the Egg, ButterMilk, and Butter; stir together lightly, but keep it lumpy.
- 4 The batter should look thick, spongy, and puffy.
- 5 Drop 1/3 cup of the batter onto the cooking surface, spreading lightly with the bottom of the cup.
- 6 Cook unTil lightly-browned on each side, 1 to 2 minutes per side.