Banana Buns Recipe
|Occasion||Birthday Party, General|
|Cuisine||North East India|
Sweet Banana Pooris or Banana Buns as they are known is a recipe from Mangalore in Karnataka. These sweet banana pooris can be had as a breakfast or even as a snack. It is easy and simple to make. The dough can be refrigerated and kept overnight if you want to make the pooris in the morning. It is another evening tea time snack prepared with overripe bananas and all purpose flour. Unlike crispy puris these Mangalore Buns or Banana Puris are spongy and sweet.
|Wheat Flour||2 cup||900||499.8|
|Rice Flour||2 cup||1137.6||3.16|
|Oil||0 as required||90||12.65|
- 1 In a heavy bottomed pan add the banana paste and to it add the jaggery which has been grated.
- 2 Also add one cup of water.
- 3 Let this mixture cook for a while and keep stirring so that it does not stick to bottom of pan and also burn.
- 4 Add a pinch of elaichi powder to this mixture ( optional).
- 5 In the meantime sieve together wheat flour and rice flour along with a pinch of salt.
- 6 Now as the mixture of bananas , jaggery comes to a boil turn off the flame and add the rice flour and wheat flour and keep stirring.
- 7 Now again put on the flame and let it cook for a while and remove from fire.
- 8 Let it cool and then knead it into a dough using a little oil if required.
- 9 Now make small balls and roll out like puris and fry in oil.
- 10 Serve hot with coconut chutney.