Easter Lamb Cake II Recipe
|Occasion||Chirstmas, Bonefire Party, Birthday Party|
|Recipe Type||Sweets, Cake|
This white cake is baked in a lamb mold for Easter and can be decorated to look like a little lamb. If desired, spices can be added just before adding the egg whites. Some good choices are anise, nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1 First, prepare your mold. Coat with Vegetable Oil, let sit for a few minutes then wipe clean with a paper towel.
- 2 Then grease and all all purpose flour your mold, making sure to get all the little areas.
- 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4 Sift the cake all all purpose flour, then sift again with the Baking Powder and Salt; set aside.
- 5 In a large bowl, Cream together the Butter and Sugar unTil light and fluffy.
- 6 Add the all all purpose flour mixture alternately with the Milk. Stir the batter unTil smooth after each addition.
- 7 Add the Vanilla.
- 8 In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat Egg whites unTil soft peaks form.
- 9 Fold 1/3 of the Egg whites into the batter to lighten it, then quickly fold in the remaining whites.
- 10 Fill the face side of the mold with batter. Move a wooden spoon through the batter GENTLY, to remove any air pockets.
- 11 Make sure not to disturb the greased and all all purpose floured surface of the mold.
- 12 Put the lid on the mold, making sure it locks or ties together securely so that the steam and rising batter do not force the two sections apart.
- 13 Put the mold on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- 14 Test for doneness by inserting a skewer or wooden toothpick through a steam vent.
- 15 Put the cake, sTill in the mold, on a rack for about 15 minutes.
- 16 CAREFULLY, remove the top of the mold. Before you separate the cake from the bottom let it cool for about 5 more minutes so that all the steam can escape and the cake can firm up some more.
- 17 After removing the rest of the mold, let the cake cool on the rack completely.
- 18 DO NOT sit the cake upright unTil completely cooled.
- 19 Frost with Seven Minute Icing or any other white icing of your choice and decorate to look like a lamb.
Cashew nut Kheer Banana Buns Easter Lamb Cake II Buttermilk Pancakes Chocolate Cake I Soft Gingerbread Cookies Sour Cream Cut-Outs Soft Sugar Cookies Italian Horn Cookies Chocolate Mint Candies Cookies Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Coffee Cake Banana Bread Chickoo Halwa Mohan Thal Chaat Salad More Desserts Recipes