Parsi Ravo Recipe
Parsi ravo is similar to shira/sanja/shiro/sooji ka halwa/ravo kesari which is found in other parts of India. The only difference, I find is that instead of the flavor of cardamom/nutmeg, vanilla essence is added. We enjoy this “Ravo” during Pateti, Jamshedi Navroz, Navrooz and Birthdays at our home.
- 1 Add Ghee to the pan and let it melt.
- 2 To this Ghee, add the Rava and mix well.
- 3 Sauté it for 15 minutes in low flame.
- 4 Meanwhile in another pan, bOil the Milk and Sugar.
- 5 Add this to the Rava and mix well without any lumps.
- 6 When it starts to leave the sides of the pan, remove from heat.
- 7 Garnish with Vanilla Essence, Almond and Pista.