Seeyam is one traditional sweet which is prepared during Deepavali festival. More like a deep fried dumpling with simple sweet stuffing. You don’t even need an occasion to make these, just make the stuffing ahead of time, deep fry when you want it. This stuffing recipe is good for couple other recipes too.
- 1 Coarsely grind Moong Dal without Water.
- 2 Grate the Coconut.
- 3 Melt 3 tsp of Ghee and roast Coconut Grated Till light brown.
- 4 Add Brown Sugar and fry well.
- 5 Add Cashew Nutnut pieces and Cardamom.
- 6 Put off the flame and add half of the Moong Dal, and stir to mix well.
- 7 Make small balls out of this mixture.
- 8 To make batter, mix 2 tsp Sugar, maida flour, remaining Moong Dal and Water. Mix well.
- 9 Dip the above-prepared balls into the batter.
- 10 Heat Oil and deep-fry the balls Till golden brown.
- 11 Seeyam is ready.