Methi Pulao Recipe
This most aromatic dish of methi and onion in a simple blend of garam masala is wonderful on a saturday afternoon which fills the whole house with it smell. A must try pulao.
- 1 Chop the roots and the thick stems off the bunch of fenugreek leave.
- 2 Wash well and finely chop the rest.
- 3 Sprinkle a generous amount of Salt on the leaves, mix and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- 4 Wash the Rice well and soak in some Water and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- 5 In a pan (that has a tight fitting lid), heat Oil on medium heat.
- 6 Once the Oil is hot, add in the Cumin Seed and allow them to change color.
- 7 Add in green Chilieses and Tomatos, Turmeric Powderr Powder.
- 8 Squeeze out the Water from the fenugreek leave and put them in the pan.
- 9 Add in Coriander Seedss Powder and Red Chili Powder.
- 10 Cook for a couple of minutes.
- 11 Drain the Water from the Rice and add the Rice to the Methi Leaves.
- 12 Cook for 2 minutes.
- 13 Add the Water and mix well.
- 14 Check on the Salt, add in needed.
- 15 Increase the heat, and allow the Rice to cook Till most of the Water has evaporated and you can see the Rice come up to the surface.
- 16 Mix, lower heat, preferably to simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 17 After 15 minutes, open cover, turn off the heat, mix/fluff gently.
- 18 Cover and allow the Rice to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- 19 Serve hot with Raita and pickle.