Sakkarai Pongal Recipe
|Occasion||Diwali , Pongal|
Sakkarai Pongalrecipe. Rice and dal cooked with the ingredients like edible camphor,elachi, nutmeg and elachi make it smell and taste DIVINELY.
- 1 Take Rice and Moong Dal in a pressure cooker.
- 2 Add Milk with 4 cups of Water in it. Cook it.
- 3 Now add 1/2 cup of Water to the Jaggery and heat it.
- 4 When the Jaggery melts completely in Water , remove from fire.
- 5 Filter it and add to the Cooked rice.
- 6 Stir for 3 mins so that the Rice and the Jaggery blend together.
- 7 Heat Ghee in a pan and add Cashew Nut and raisin to it.
- 8 Fry Till it becomes golden brown and add to the pongal.
- 9 Finally sprinkle Cardamom Powder all over and serve.