Shahi Paneer Recipe
|Cuisine||North East India|
Shahi paneer is a preparation of paneer in a thick gravy made up of cream, tomatoes and spices. It is a mainstay of Indian cuisine (mainly North India).It is mainly eaten with roti, chappati or other Indian breads. Paneer is the Indian word for cottage cheese, and shahi is the Indo-Persian term for royal (in reference to the Mughal court). Similar dishes include paneer butter masala and kadai paneer.
- 1 Chop the Paneer into 2" fingers.
- 2 Heat half the Ghee. Add Onion,Ginger, green Chilies and Cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 3 Add Tomatos and cook for 7-8 minutes, covered.
- 4 Add Curd and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup Water and cool.
- 5 Blend in a mixie Till smooth.
- 6 Heat remaining Ghee, add gravy and other ingredients except Milk and Paneer.
- 7 BOil to get a very thick gravy.
- 8 Just before serving, heat gravy, add Milk and Paneer fingers and bOil for 3-4 minutes.
- 9 Garnish with chopped Coriander Seedss and grated Paneer.