Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, Chirstmas, Birthday Party, Party|
Chicken tikka masala is chicken tikka, chunks of chicken marinated in spices and yogurt, that is then baked in a tandoor oven, served in a masala ("mixture of spices") sauce. A tomato and coriander sauce is common, but there is no standard recipe for chicken tikka masala; a survey found that of 48 different recipes, the only common ingredient was chicken. The sauce usually includes tomatoes, frequently as puree; cream and/or coconut cream; and various spices. The sauce or chicken pieces (or both) are coloured orange with food dyes or using foodstuffs such as turmeric powder, paprika powder or tomato puree. Other tikka masala dishes replace chicken with lamb, fish or paneer.
- 1 In a large bowl, combine Yogurt, Lemon Juice, 2 teaspoons Cumin, Cinnamon, Cayenne pepper, Black Pepper, Ginger, and 4 teaspoons Salt.
- 2 Stir in Chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3 Preheat a grill for high heat.
- 4 Lightly Oil the grill grate.
- 5 Thread Chicken onto Skewers, and discard marinade.
- 6 Grill unTil juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- 7 Melt Butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 8 Saute Garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons Cumin, Paprika, and 3 teaspoons Salt.
- 9 Stir in Tomato Sauce and Cream.
- 10 Simmer on low heat unTil sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- 11 Add grilled Chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 12 Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with Cilantro.