Cedar Planked Salmon Recipe
Where this recipe calls for lemon zest and rosemary, the native Coast Salish Indians on Vancouver Island would use grand-fir needles. Either way, the salmon takes on a light, smoky woodiness from grilling on a cedar plank, for a lovely pairing of earth and ocean.
- 1 Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in Warm Water.
- 2 Soak longer if you have time.
- 3 In a shallow dish, stir together the Vegetable Oil, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Green Onion, Ginger, and Garlic.
- 4 Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat.
- 5 Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- 6 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate.
- 7 The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- 8 Place the salmon fillets onto the planks and discard the marinade.
- 9 Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork.
- 10 It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
Mangalorean Kori Rotti Mushroom Pepper Fry Dum Chicken Recipe. Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Marsala Sauce Wheat Germ Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes Cedar Planked Salmon Albondigas Butter Chicken The Best Meatloaf Cheese Omelette Grilled Lamb with Brown Sugar Glaze Honey Fried Chicken Chicken Tikka Masala Mughlai Chicken Potato in Bombay Duck More Non Vegetarian Recipes