Mughlai Chicken Recipe
|Dinner Party, General, Ugadi
This is a dish for special occasions - not for any other reason except that it is rich! Its mild, thick, creamy gravy is inspired by the food of Central Asia and came to India during the rule of the famous Mughal dynasty. Cook and eat it and you will feel like royalty yourself!
- 1 Cut the Chicken pieces, wash, apply Salt and keep aside.
- 2 Chop the Onion finely and grind all the masala to a fine paste.
- 3 Heat Oil and fry the Onion, then add the ground masala and fry over low heat Till the Oil separates.
- 4 Then add the Chicken pieces and fry for a while unTil the Chicken is well mixed with the masala.
- 5 Add 6 cups of Hot Water and let it simmer unTil the Chicken is tender, then add the Saffron soaked in Lemon Juice.
- 6 Simmer for a few more minutes and serve hot garnished with fried Potato, green Green Peas and hard bOiled Egg.