Shrimp (Prawn) Biryani Recipe
Prawn Biryani is a traditional Indian dish prepared by layering spices, shrimp/ prawn and aromatic rice. Prawn Biryani is not a very richly flavored dish but has all the flavors of an authentic biryani. Its simple dish and you will surely love the taste of this luscious Prawn shrimp biryani. Prawn shrimp biryani is an aromatic, lip smacking rice dish preparation with prawns and spices mixed with natural herbs
- 1 Heat Oil in a pressure cooker.
- 2 Add Cinnamon Stick, Bay Leaf, Green Cardamom and Clove and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3 Add Ginger/Garlic/green Chilies paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- 4 Add Fried Onion and mix.
- 5 Add Tomatos and Shrimp — mix.
- 6 Add Red Chili Powder, Salt and mint leaf — mix.
- 7 Add Coconut Milk and washed Rice — mix well.
- 8 Cover, pressure cook for 1 whistle and switch off stove. (Electric stove users — remove from the stove)
- 9 Allow pressure to go down by itself.
- 10 Open pressure cooker and fluff biryani with a fork.
- 11 Drizzle Clarified Butter (Ghee) over the top, cover and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.