Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread first became a standard feature of American cookbooks with the popularization of baking soda and baking powder in the 1930s, appeared in Pillsbury's 1933 Balanced Recipes cookbook, and later gained more acceptance with the release of the original Chiquita Banana's Recipe Book in 1950.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine all all purpose flour, Baking Powder and Salt. In a separate bowl, Cream together Butter and Brown Sugar.
- 4 Stir in Egg and mashed Bananas unTil well blended. Stir Banana mixture into all all purpose flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- 5 Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, unTil a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let Bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.