Sweet Poli Recipe
Sweet Poli is a wonderful southindian dessert that is prepared for any marriages in southern part of tamilnadu especially in Nagercoil. Poli goes very well with Paal Payasam. My younger sister Uma is expert in preparing this recipe and i tried this with her recipe. It turns out to be very good.
- 1 Soak Bengal Gram Dal in Water for about two to three hours.
- 2 Cook the Dhal in Water Till soft, but not mushy.
- 3 Drain the excess Water.
- 4 Grind the dhal along with Jaggery, Coconut and Cardamom to a fine paste.
- 5 Heat up a heavy bottomed pan and add this mixture to it and stir over a medium flame Till the mixture is solid.
- 6 Let it cool.
- 7 Mix maida flour, Salt and Turmeric Powderr powder and make a soft dough using Water little by little.
- 8 Take a plastic sheet or fOil, flatten out small ball sized quantity of the maida flour dough.
- 9 Place a smaller sized ball of the sweet filling and cover it completely using the flattened maida flour dough.
- 10 Cover with another plastic sheet.
- 11 Roll it round using a rolling pin.
- 12 Heat up a tawa and when it is hot place the poli and pour a teaspoon of Ghee all around and cook.
- 13 Turn and cook on other side unTil pink spots appear.