Refried Beans Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, General|
|Recipe Type||Breakfast, Vegetarian|
Refried beans is a dish of cooked and mashed beans and is a traditional staple of Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine, although each cuisine has a different approach when making the dish. Refried beans are also popular in many other Latin countries.
|Black Beans||2.5 cup||546|
|Salt||1 as required||0|
- 1 Rinse the beans, place in a large bowl and soak in cold Water for 12 hours & then drain.
- 2 Place the soaked beans and Onion in a pan with enough Water and bring to a bOil.
- 3 Reduce heat, cover and simmer unTil beans are tender.
- 4 Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- 5 Coarsely puree the beans, stir in the Butter and return mixture to the pan. Cook, stirring continuously Till the Butter is absorbed & season with Salt.