Mango Shrikhand Recipe
|Occasion||Diwali , Ugadi|
Mango Shrikhand is a semi soft, sweetish sour, whole milk product prepared from lactic fermented curd. The curd (dahi) is partially strained through a cloth to remove the whey and thus produce a solid mass called chakka (the basic ingredient for Shrikhand). This chakka is mixed with the required amount of sugar, etc., to yield Shrikhand.
- 1 Take a muslin cloth and tie Curd in it for 6-7 hours.
- 2 Transfer the Curd into a bowl. Add Sugar and mix well.
- 3 Leave aside for about half an hour to dissolve the Sugar.
- 4 Rub the strands of Saffron into Milk Till dissolved. Leave aside.
- 5 Beat the Curds well.
- 6 Strain through a strong strainer, pressing with the help of a spatula.
- 7 Add Mango Pulp, Cardamom Powder, Saffron and half of crushed nuts.
- 8 Pour it into a serving bowl and top with remaining crushed nuts.
- 9 Chill for an hour or two before serving.