Badam Milk Recipe
|Occasion||Birthday Party, General|
Badam Milk is a beverage made from ground almonds, often used as a substitute for dairy milk. Unlike animal milk, almond milk contains neither cholesterol nor lactose. As it does not contain any animal products, it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians who abstain from dairy products. Commercial almond milk products often come in plain, vanilla or chocolate flavors and are sometimes enriched with vitamins. Almond milk can also be made at home by grinding almonds with water in a blender. Vanilla flavoring and sweeteners are often added.
|Warm Milk||3 cup||305.97||5.94||2.94|
|Cardamom Powder||3 teaspoon||22.8||0.06|
|Kewra Essence||2 tablespoon|
|Rose Water||2 tablespoon|
- 1 Grind the Almond and Pista to a smooth paste in your food processor.
- 2 Add a little Milk to do this. A lot of people like to remove the skin from the Almond before grinding them.
- 3 I don't do this as the skin contains many nutrients.
- 4 You can do it if you wish, by soaking the Almond in Hot Water for 5 minutes.
- 5 When soaked, press the Almond between your thumb and index finger.
- 6 The skin will slip off quite easily.
- 7 Add the Milk, Sugar, Cardamom Powder, Kewra Essence (if using) and Rose Water.
- 8 Blend well.
- 9 Serve chilled/ warm in a tall glass.