Molten Lava Cake Recipe
Molten Lava Cak is a popular dessert that combines the elements of a flourless chocolate cake (sometimes called a chocolate decadence cake) and a soufflé. Some other names used are chocolate fondant pudding, chocolate moelleux and chocolate lava cake.
- 1 In a double bOiler, melt Chocolate.
- 2 In a medium mixing bowl, beat Egg and Sugar unTil light and fluffy.
- 3 Once Chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and add in Butter. Mix unTil the Butter melts fully.
- 4 Add Chocolate/Butter mixture into the Egg, add all-purpose all all purpose flour and mix unTil well incorporated.
- 5 Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (small glass/porcelain bowls) and pour in mixture about 3/4 way full.
- 6 Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C) for 10 – 15 minutes. Shorter for gooey (molten) inside, longer for stiff inside.
- 7 Serve hot with Vanilla Ice Cream.