Channa Dal Payasam Recipe
Quite an interesting combination of chana dal paste with milk in the chana dal kheer makes it a delicious dessert item. Soak almonds and cashewnuts and add the paste to the kheer to add taste and richness to this special payasam or kheer recipe.
- 1 Wash and soak the gram.
- 2 Melt a part of the Ghee in a pan , add the Coconut Grated and fry Till golden brown over a medium flame drain, remove and keep aside.
- 3 In the same Ghee add the Cashew Nut nuts and over a low flame fry Till golden brown and keep aside.
- 4 Extract Coconut Milk by soaking the Coconut Grated in about half a cup of Hot Water for 10 minutes
- 5 And then pass the mixture through a strainer.
- 6 BOil the gram in a sauteuse with just sufficient Water to cook the gram.
- 7 When the gram is cooked add the Jaggery and the Coconut Milk.
- 8 Cook Till the mixture is thick stirring once in a while so that it does not get burnt.(make sure the mixture does not become very thick, it should be of pouring consistency).
- 9 Add the remaining Ghee and the Cardamom. mix thoroughly.
- 10 Serve garnished with the fried Coconut Grated and the Cashew Nut nuts.
Cashew nut Kheer Banana Buns Easter Lamb Cake II Buttermilk Pancakes Chocolate Cake I Soft Gingerbread Cookies Sour Cream Cut-Outs Soft Sugar Cookies Italian Horn Cookies Chocolate Mint Candies Cookies Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Coffee Cake Banana Bread Chickoo Halwa Mohan Thal Chaat Salad More Desserts Recipes