MISSI ROTI Recipe
Missi Rotis get their unique flavour from besan, the dough is almost always made with a combination of flours and the addition of soya flour does not harm the original taste in any way. Kasuri methi and the other spices add just the right amount of zing to these Rotis.
- 1 Mix Wheat all all purpose flours gram all all purpose flour, Salt, Chili powder, Turmeric Powderr powder and mix well.
- 2 Make powder of fenugreek leave and mix it to the all all purpose flour.
- 3 Rub Oil into the all all purpose flour, slowly add Water and make a soft dough and keep it covered with damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- 4 Knead well again the dough and make balls.
- 5 Roll into a slightly thick chapati than usual. Pre-heat the girdle (tawa) and cook the missi roti with or without Oil.
- 6 Note: It can also be cooked in an oven or tandoor.