Puliyogare Rice Recipe
Puliyogare or Tamarind Rice is a tangy-spicy South Indian Rice variety, which is known for its long shelf life and great travel food. If you are going for picnic or long journey and need food that can stay fresh without being refrigerated, then Puliyogare is the right choice. But for me, I can relish this flavorful rice anytime of the week or year.
- 1 Roast 1 tsp Mustard, 4 tsp Coriander Seedss seeds, Cumin Seed, 2 tsp Sesame Seedss, ½ tsp Channa Dal, 1 tsp Urad Dal one by one.
- 2 Grind it to make a fine powder.
- 3 Roast the Coconut.
- 4 Mix the roasted Coconut and powder.
- 5 Heat Oil and add the remaining Mustard, Sesame Seedss, Red Chilies, Urad Dal and chana dal.
- 6 Add the Tamarind Paste and Jaggery.
- 7 Mix Salt and allow it to bOil.
- 8 Add the powdered masala and bOil Till it turns thick.
- 9 Mix it with the Cooked rice.