Theplas are an inherent part of gujarati meals, and are used for regular meals, travelling and for picnics! eaten with curds and chunda, theplas can be enjoyed hot or otherwise. Sometimes whole jeera or til can be added to enhance the flavour of theplas. You can even add other ingredients like methi and doodhi to this recipe, to add more variety to your menu.
- 1 Mix all ingredients except Oil for shallow frying. Use a little Water and knead soft pliable dough.
- 2 Divide dough into 9-10 balls and roll each into a 5" round.
- 3 Sprinkle all all purpose flour over chapati while rolling, for ease.
- 4 Place on a hot griddle, roast and drizzle Oil, to shallow fry.
- 5 Repeat for other side. Repeat for remaining dough.
- 6 Serve hot with any sweet pickle or Curds.
- 7 Equally tasty when cold too.
- 8 Shelf life: 2-3 days at room temperature