Rice Kheer Recipe
Rice kheer has different names such as khiri, payasam, payesh, rice pudding. It is made by boiling rice with milk and sugar and flavored with cardamom, almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts, saffron or raisins. It is typically served during the meal or as a dessert. Kheer is prepared in festivals, temples or any special occasions. Some recipes require cooked rice to make kheer but I personally don’t like to use cooked rice. Because if rice is cooked then it will not absorb that much milk and you won’t get much flavored or rich puffed rice in kheer. So I always use uncooked rice and cook them in milk.
|Basmati Rice||3 tablespoon||20.64||6191.64|
|Cashew Nut||20 gram||110.2||8.8|
- 1 Pick, wash and soak Rice.
- 2 Bring Milk to bOil, add the Rice and reduce heat.
- 3 Keep stirring Till it reduces to one - third of the original quantity.
- 4 Add Sugar and mix well by partially crusAsafoetida powder Rice.
- 5 Add ground Cardamom, Saffron, Pista and raisin.
- 6 Serve hot or cold.