Ras Malai consists of sugary white, cream or yellow coloured balls (or flattened balls) of paneer soaked in malai (clotted cream) flavoured with cardamom. Homemade Ras Malai is usually made up of powdered milk, all-purpose flour, baking powder and oil; kneaded to form a dough, moulded into balls and dropped into simmering milk cream.
|All purpose flour||4 tablespoon||85.2|
- 1 Knead and mash Chhena, add 2 tbps. all all purpose flour and mash again to make a dough.
- 2 Divide it into 16 equal portions, make balls and press between your palms to flatten them. Keep aside.
- 3 Dissolve 500 gms. Sugar in the same quantity of Water, bring it to a bOil and add rest of the all all purpose flour dissolved in Water.
- 4 Now add the dough portions in it and cook over a high flame for 10 minutes. Add half a cup of Water and again bring it to a bOil. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- 5 Remove them and keep in a thin Sugar syrup prepared from 250 gms. of Sugar and 500 mls. of Water.
- 6 Now take Milk in a heavy bottomed pan, bring it to a bOil, reduce the flame, stir continuously. Simmer unTil it is reduced to a thick consistency.
- 7 Add rest of the Sugar and keep on a medium flame Till the Sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the flame and refrigerate for an hour.
- 8 Squeeze the rasogulla and put them into chilled Milk. Keep in refrigerator for another half an hour.
- 9 Blanch Pista in Hot Water. Cool, remove skin and slice.
- 10 Serve cold, garnished with sliced Pista.