Kadai Paneer Recipe
This dish of cubed paneer combined with a spicy kadhai gravy! the aroma of spices cooking in simmering tomatoes is an unmistakeable signature of this dish!
- 1 Put the whole spices (Coriander Seedss seeds, Cumin Seed, Peppercorn, Dry red chili, Fenugreek Seed) in a skillet, turn the heat on med to low and dry roast Till you get an distinct aroma.
- 2 Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool down.
- 3 Once it has cooled down, coarsely grind the roasted spices.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the Oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- 5 Once the Oil is hot, add in the Onion and cook Till they turn translucent.
- 6 Add in the Garlic, green Chilieses, Tomatos, Ground Spices and Salt.
- 7 Mix well and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- 8 Add in the Paneer, mix and cover and cook Till the moisture has been soaked in by the Paneer.
- 9 Stir in between to make sure it does not burn.
- 10 Once done, remove cover, turn off the flame and garnish with Cilantro.
- 11 Serve hot with chapatis, naans, tandoori rotis.