Khaman Dhokla Recipe
Khaman Dhokla is a vegetarian food item that originates from the Indian state of Gujarat. It is made with a fermented batter of gram flour (chickpeas). Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish or as a snack. It can usually be bought from a sweet shop.
- 1 Mix the Rice and pulses.
- 2 Wash, drain and dry on a clean cloth for a few hours. The grain should be completely dried.
- 3 Grind to a coarse all all purpose flour in dry grinder or at the all all purpose flourmill. This all all purpose flour should be like very fine in texture (much like Semolina). Store in airtight container and use as required. Will keep good upto 2 months.
- 4 To make kHaman, take 1cup all all purpose flour in a bowl. Add ButterMilk, and mix well. Keep- aside for 4-5 hours.
- 5 Dissolve Soda-bicarb in the Oil. Add to batter. Mix all ingredients except Red Chili Powder and Coriander Seedss. Pour immediately in a 6" diameter. And 6” thick greased mould.
- 6 Steam over Water either in a cooker or steamer for 10-15 minutes (without the whistle if using a pressure cooker).
- 7 Pierce knife, and check, it should come out clean if done. Sprinkle the Chili powder and Coriander Seedss, and steam again for 2-3 minutes. Cut into squares or diamonds
- 8 Serve hot with Coconut chutney or Coriander Seedss chutney.