Besan ka Cheela Recipe
Besan ka cheela or gram flour based salty pancakes are sure to satisfy your rumbling appetite and demanding taste buds. A simple pancake recipe with besan combined with onions, tomato and chillies and then spread on a pan with little oil.
- 1 Mix all the ingredients, except Oil, to a thick pouring consistency, adding the Water a little at a time.
- 2 Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- 3 Heat a tbsp or so of Oil in a frying pan, then pour it off into a container.
- 4 Keeping the heat high, pour some batter in the center of the pan, spreading it out a little.
- 5 Lower the heat and let cook Till the edges brown a little and can be lifted easily.
- 6 Dribble a little Oil around it, turning the pan so the Oil goes under the cheela.
- 7 Flip it over to cook slightly on the other side and before serving it hot with a green chutney.