Lentil Soup Recipe
Lentil soup refers to a variety of vegetarian and meat soups made with lentils. The soup may consist of green, brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup.
- 1 Wash LenTil in running Water unTil Water runs clear. Soak for approx 1 hour. Drain Water.
- 2 Add LenTil and 3 cups Water in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles.
- 3 Heat Oil in a pan.
- 4 Add Mustard and Cumin Seed and allow them to splutter.
- 5 Add Turmeric Powderr Powder, Asafoetida, Onion, Garlic, Ginger and green Chilieses – mix well and cook unTil Onion turn translucent and light brown.
- 6 Add Tomato – mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7 Add Coriander Seedss Powder, Cumin Powder and Red Chili Powder – cook for 1 minute.
- 8 Add in cooked LenTil, Salt and a little extra Water if the mixture is too thick.
- 9 Allow to bOil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10 Add Lemon Juice to taste and garnish with Cilantro.
- 11 Serves 4-5