|Occasion||Dinner Party, Bonefire Party, General, Party|
|Recipe Type||Breakfast, Dinner, Curry, Salad|
Vadakari is a very famous South Indian gravy /curry which is served as a side dish for idli, dosa and parotas. I got so many requests for this recipe. Never have I got so many request for a single recipe like this. So I decided it is high time I post this recipe in my blog. I got this recipe from a friend of mine who is an expert in making vada curry.
- 1 Grind the soaked Channa Dal with Ginger,Garlic ,little Salt and make a coarse paste.
- 2 Shape the coarse paste into small vada's and deep fry them. The vada's can be taken out little early and not necessary to fry them Till they are golden brown.
- 3 Scramble the vada's after cooling them and keep aside.
- 4 Now in a pan pour little Oil and then add Mustard, Fennel seed, Curry Leaves, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Clove and Cardamom.
- 5 Fry lengthwise Onion, chopped Tomatos and slited Chilies along with the above ingredients.
- 6 Add Turmeric Powderr, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Salt to the mixture.
- 7 Add 1cup of Water, close the lid and leave for 10-12 minutes in medium flame.
- 8 Once you feel all the ingredients is cooked well, start adding this scrambled vadas in the gravy.
- 9 Mix gently, keep on low flame for 8-10 minutes. Finally add fresh Coriander Seedss and serve.
- 10 This dish goes well with Idli & Dosa. vadas