Ven Pongal Recipe
Ven Pongal is a very famous tiffin dish in Southern India. Pongal festival is to celebrate the harvest festival. It is a festival that is spread over four days. Pongal in tamil means something that is overflowing. The act of boiling over of milk in the clay pot is considered to denote future prosperity for the family.
- 1 Add little Ghee to a kadai and fry the moon dhal for few minutes and leave it aside.
- 2 Add the remaining Ghee to the pressure cooker.
- 3 Add Curry Leaves, Whole Pepper, Cumin Seed and Dry red chili and fry for 1 minutes.
- 4 Add finely Ginger and Cashew Nut nut and fry for a while.
- 5 Add the fried Moong Dal and Raw Rice and fry for few second.
- 6 Add Salt and Water close the pressure cooker and leave for 4 whistle.
- 7 When pressure is released open the cooker and mix well. Serve hot with Coconut chutney and sambar.
- 8 Goes well with Medu Vada.