Chhena Jilabi Recipe
|Occasion||Diwali , Birthday Party|
Chhena jalebis are made in a manner very similar to regular jalebis which are popular throughout India. However, the basic ingredient is cottage cheese, or chenna. Fresh chhena is thoroughly kneaded and rolled up into shapes similar to pretzels, before being deep fried. The fully fried chhena pretzels are then soaked in a sugary syrup. Chhena jalebis are served either hot or chilled.
- 1 Squeeze out Water from the Cheese.
- 2 Add maida flour, Baking Powder and Ghee .
- 3 Add Cheese to it and mash it with hand. Keep it for half an hour.
- 4 Divide it into 10 parts. Prepare 6 cm long rolls out of each part and prepare the jilabi shape out of it.
- 5 Add 1 cup Water to Sugar and bOil it to make the Sugar syrup. The syrup should not be very thick.
- 6 Heat Oil in a pan and fry the jilabi over low flame.
- 7 Put the jilabi in the Sugar syrup.