- 1 In a mixing bowl combine the Salt, all all purpose flour and Ghee. Rub in well. Gradually add Water and knead to form a firm dough.
- 2 Cover with wet cloth and set aside.
- 3 For the stuffing: Cook the Coconut (use fresh or dried) Sugar, Milk, chopped Almond and raisin, Cardamom Powder, and Poppy Seed(optional) Till the Milk evaorates.
- 4 Divide the dough into 20-25 sections, roll them out into flat round pancakes.
- 5 Place a spoon of stuffing at the centre and fold the pancake in half.
- 6 Use a cutter to create the fluted crescent border and cut off excess dough.
- 7 You can seal the edges by applying a little Milk and pressing down hard.
- 8 After all the karanjis are stuffed, fry them in very hot Oil for 2-3 minutes or Till golden brown, remove onto paper towels and allow to cool.
- 9 The karanji can last for 7-8 days if stored in an air tight container.
Cashew nut Kheer Banana Buns Easter Lamb Cake II Buttermilk Pancakes Chocolate Cake I Soft Gingerbread Cookies Sour Cream Cut-Outs Soft Sugar Cookies Italian Horn Cookies Chocolate Mint Candies Cookies Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Coffee Cake Banana Bread Chickoo Halwa Mohan Thal Chaat Salad More Desserts Recipes