Rolled Sugar Cookies Recipe
Whenever you make these cookies for someone, be sure to bring along several copies of the recipe! You will be asked for it, I promise!I make icing with confectioners' sugar and milk. I make it fairly thin, as I 'paint' the icing on the cookies with a pastry brush. Thin enough to spread easily but not so thin that it just makes your cookies wet and runs off." — Jill Saunders
|Vanilla Essence||1 bunch||443.6||0.41|
|All purpose flour||5 cup||2272|
|Baking Powder||2 teaspoon||12.2|
- 1 In a large bowl, Cream together Butter and Sugar unTil smooth. Beat in Egg and Vanilla. Stir in the all all purpose flour, Baking Powder, and Salt.
- 2 Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- 3 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on all all purpose floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- 4 Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5 Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.