Eight Jewel Rice Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, Bonefire Party|
This recipe is a modified Chinese classic, Eight treasure duck or ba bao ya.brushed over prawn roasted and served with rice. The colourful ‘jewels’ (treasures) include a red capsicum, Chinese lap cheong sausage, dried mushrooms, dried shrimps, dried cranberries, water chestnuts, almonds and spring onion.
- 1 Pick, wash and soak Rice for 10 minutes.
- 2 BOil Water, add Rice and a little Salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, Till Rice is tender.
- 3 Drain. Add cold Water. Drain again. Keep in an open vessel and use only after completely cooled.
- 4 Break the Egg into a bowl. Add Salt and Pepper to taste and beat lightly.
- 5 Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a non-stick pan with high edges. Add the Egg and scramble lightly. Remove, break into small pieces and set aside.
- 6 Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of Oil in the same pan. Add the Ginger, Garlic, green Chilieses, Coriander Seedss leaves and Spring Onion. Stir fry over a high flame for ½ minute.
- 7 Add the Cabbage, Capsicum and Ajinomoto. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- 8 Add the Chicken, Prawn, Pepper and Salt.
- 9 Mix well. Add the Rice, Soy Sauce, Chili Sauce and Spring Onions. Stir fry over a high flame for 3 minutes.
- 10 Add the scrambled Egg, fresh fruits, Cashew Nutnuts and Almond.
- 11 Serve very hot with Noodles, Fish Manchurian or szechuan Pork or spicy Potato with Sesame Seedss.