Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice will please everyone at your table. It's easy to make and just as tasty as the fried rice you'll get at your favorite Asian restaurant. If you happen to have 'old' rice (leftover from other meals), fried rice is the perfect way to use it up; but even freshly-made rice makes for great fried rice when fried up in the right way and with the right sauces. This recipe will teach you how to do just that, so your fried rice tastes as light and flavorful as it possibly can. The dish also includes vegetables (mushrooms and peas), and is topped off with spring onion. Serve with Thai chili sauce on the side for those who like it extra spicy, and ENJOY!
- 1 Pick, wash and soak the Rice in plenty of Water for about 10 mins.
- 2 BOil Water, add Rice and a little Salt.
- 3 Cook uncovered over a low flame, stirring occasionally Till the Rice is tender.
- 4 However, take care not overcook the Rice, when the Rice is done, drain and add some cold Water and drain again in order to get rid of the extra starch.
- 5 Then keep the Rice in a broad vessel, so that it becomes absolutely cold.
- 6 Break the Egg in a bowl, add Salt & Pepper and beat lightly.
- 7 Heat 1 tbsp. of Oil in a non-stick pan with high edges, then add the Egg and scramble lightly.
- 8 Remove from pan, break Egg into small pieces with a knife and fork.
- 9 Heat the remaining 3 tbsps. of Oil in the same pan, add Ginger, green Chilieses and Spring Onion. Stir fry over a high flame for 2 minutes
- 10 Then add the Chicken, Spring Onions, Ajinomoto, Pepper and Salt. Stir fry in the same manner for 1 minute.
- 11 Add the Rice and Soy Sauce and stir fry for 2 minutes on high flame.
- 12 Lastly add the Egg and mix well. Serve hot with Szechuan Sauce.