Doi Machh Recipe
Doi Machh or fish in curd is a special Bengali recipe, in which sour curd is added to prepare the gravy. The tangy taste of sour curd gets infused with the fish and creates a superb fish preparation. This recipe of Doi Machh can be prepared with any type of fish, but it tastes best with the Rohu fish or Rui Machh.
- 1 Clean, wash and cut Fish into medium sized pieces. Whisk Yogurt, add Salt and marinate Fish in this for twenty minutes.
- 2 Peel Onion and grate them. Wash green Chilieses and slit them into two. Keep aside.
- 3 Take Ghee in a kadai and add Bay Leaf, Clove and green Cardamom. Cook for fifteen seconds. Add grated Onion. Sauté for five to seven minutes.
- 4 Add halved green Chilieses and Fish marinated in Yogurt. Bring to a bOil. Cover and cook on a low fire for seven to eight minutes.
- 5 Chef’s Tip : Some people like this recipe cooked in Mustard Oil. If you wish to use Mustard Oil, bring it to a smoking point, cool it and then use as normal.