Fish Fry Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, Chirstmas, Bonefire Party, General|
|Recipe Type||Lunch, Dinner, Fry|
It doesn't matter who you ask; inquire about the best seafood in Nassau and the locals all point you to the Fish Fry, a collection of colorful shacks on the shoreline all vying for your business with the most festive paint job and coziest outdoor patio. And for good reason every native specialty's on order, they're fabulous, and you won't find a lot of these dishes anywhere but the Bahamas. Conch is king here eat it fried, scorched, in chowder, or atop salad.
- 1 In a skillet, put together Cayenne pepper, Turmeric Powderr, Coriander Seedss, Cumin, Salt, Lemon Juice and about 6 tbsp of Water.
- 2 Mix it properly to prepare a thick paste.
- 3 Use this paste to cover both sides of the Fish steaks.
- 4 Marinate the Fish steaks for 15 minutes.
- 5 In a frying pan, heat Oil.
- 6 Fry the steaks unTil they turn brown. Take two steaks at a time.
- 7 Cook either side for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- 8 Place them in a heatproof plate and keep them warm in an oven.
- 9 Use Lemon wedges for garnisAsafoetida powder.
- 10 Serve it with Rice and naan.