Kerala Duck Curry Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, Bonefire Party, General|
|Recipe Type||Curry, Dinner, Curry|
Duck curry is very authentic recipe and popular curry in Kerala (South India).Duck meat again is a much loved Syrian Christian food, and is to be found at all special occasions including Wedding, Christmas and Easter feasts.This spice-rich duck curry preparation of Kerala has regional variations.There is something mystical about this curry,the aromas awakens your senses which in turn fires the appetite and it is hard for the taste buds to resist the temptation of this mouth watering duck curry. It is spicy and tangy sauce with the flavor of coconut milk and has lot of gravy so it is perfect curry for gravy lovers. It goes well with Rice or Kappa/Tapioca ...Give this recipe a try and Enjoy!
- 1 Clean Duck and cut into pieces.
- 2 Slice Onion, Ginger, green Chilies and Garlic.
- 3 Make a paste of Chili powder, Coriander Seedss powder and Tomato.
- 4 Heat Oil in a kadai, splutter Mustard and the sliced items, sauté well.
- 5 Add Curry Leaves, Tomato paste and stir.
- 6 Add Duck pieces, Salt and Water.
- 7 When the Duck starts cooking add Garam Masala.
- 8 Keep in low flame Till the Gravy becomes thick.
- 9 Garnish with Coriander Seedss leaves.