Sorpatel (spicy Goan pork curry) Recipe
|Dinner Party, Bonefire Party, Party
|Lunch, Dinner, Curry
Sorpatel spicy Goan pork curry popular Goan curry is traditionally made with pork meat and various other organs like the liver, intestines, heart and tongue. Traditional recipes even call for pig blood. While the purists may disagree on this point, those of you that shuddered at the above ingredients, can still make Sorpatel with just the meat and liver and it would be just as tasty! Make Sorpatel a couple of days ahead of the time you want to eat it and refrigerate - it tastes even better with time
- 1 Grind the whole spices (Dried red chili, Cumin and Coriander Seedss seeds, Cinnamon, Clove and Pepper Corn) in the Vinegar and keep aside.
- 2 Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame and add the meat and liver. Stir fry in their own fat Till light brown. When done remove from the pan and keep aside.
- 3 Put the Oil in the pan and heat on a medium flame. Add the Onion and fry Till light brown. Add the Ginger and Garlic Pastes and fry for 2 minutes.
- 4 Add the ground masala paste made earlier and fry Till the Oil separates from it.
- 5 Add the fried Pork Liver and meat, the Tamarind pureé, Salt to taste and mix well.
- 6 Turn the fire down to a simmer and cook Till the meat and liver are tender.
- 7 Serve hot with plain bOiled Rice or Cumin Rice and a green salad