Chakri Spicy Crunchy Spirals Recipe
|Occasion||Chirstmas, Picnic Recipes, Party|
Chakli's as some people call them are crispy a spiral shaped Gujarati snack usually made from Rice flour (although I have seen recipes with wheat flour too -I have always used rice flour). I usually make them as a snack during school holidays and make them specially for Diwali.
- 1 Wash and soak the pulses for 15-20 minutes.
- 2 Cook the pulses to a paste like consistency
- 3 In a big bowl add Rice all all purpose flour, pulses paste, Turmeric Powderr, Salt, Chili powder, Carom Seeds or Cumin Seed.
- 4 Mix lightly. Heat Oil and add the sizzling hot Oil to the Rice all all purpose flour mix.
- 5 Add Water as needed to make stiff dough. Knead thoroughly with hand not food processor.
- 6 Take a Lemon size dough and place it in a chakri mould or icing bag with star nozzle.
- 7 Heat Oil for frying. Test the Oil by dropping a small piece of dough and wait for 3 seconds if it does not rise to the top then Oil needs to be heated.
- 8 Gently make a spiral with the chakri mould or icing bag and deep fry to a golden brown. eated.
- 9 cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- 10 These spirals stay fresh for 7-10 days.