Chicken Thukpa Recipe
|Cuisine||North East India|
Thukpa is a Himalayan noodle soup, usually served with meat and is really delicious with lean chicken. It is popular in Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, and some parts of India. "Thuk" means heart so it is a heart warming dish. In Bhutan it would usually be made with buckwheat noodles
- 1 Fry Onion with Garlic and green Chilieses, then add minced meat, fry for 10 min. Add Salt to taste. Then keep aside after cooking.
- 2 BOil 4 litre of Water vigorously and drop Noodles, bOil for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Drain the Noodles through a large sieve and run cold Water over them to stop them from sticking. Squeeze the Water from the Noodles and transfer to a serving bowl.
- 4 Pour hot soup into bowl with Noodles.
- 5 Put fried meat-Onion mixture and finely chopped Green Onion leaves on top of it.
- 6 Thukpa is ready to serve hot.