Chicken With Orange Recipe
In most countries in the western hemisphere, the names "orange chicken", "orange peel chicken", and "tangerine chicken" are typically used for this particular dish. In Chinese, however, the dish is always known as literally "old peel chicken referring to dried orange or tangerine peel, which is used in traditional Chinese medicine as well as cooking. For restaurants outside of Asia, fresh orange peel is often used instead, or even no peel at all.
- 1 Wash and dry the Chicken.
- 2 Apply the Salt, Pepper, Clove & Cinnamon powder and keep aside.
- 3 Heat Oil in a pan, then add the Chicken pieces 2-3 at a time and cook unTil nicely browned on all sides.
- 4 Once all the Chicken is fried, sauté Onion & and Garlic in the remaining Oil.
- 5 Now add the fried Chicken with Orange Juice, Saffron, raisin and cook on a low heat unTil the Chicken turns tender.
- 6 Lastly add the chopped Almond and garnish with lime wedges.