Fish Fried Rice Recipe
|Cuisine||North East India|
Chinese cooking techniques, ingredients, and recipes have long been a major influence in Thai food. This recipe is one example of the fusion of these two wonderful cuisines. Salty and savory, Chicken and Salted Fish Fried Rice is so good, it can become addictive! To achieve the right flavor, you will need real fish sauce for this recipe, which can be purchased by the bottle in any Asian market or grocery store.
- 1 Wash the Rice and soak it in cold Water for at least 1 hour.
- 2 Wash and cut the Fish into 2-inch pieces.
- 3 Mix the Coriander Seedss, Cumin, Turmeric Powderr, fenugreek and Ginger together.
- 4 Heat 2 tablespoons of Oil in a large frying pan and fry the mixture for about a minute.
- 5 Place the Fish in the pan, stir without breaking the pieces.
- 6 Cover the pan and allow the Fish to cook in its own steam for five minutes.
- 7 Remove the Fish carefully with a Fish slice and keep them warm.
- 8 Meanwhile, fry the Onion with the Bay Leaf in the remaining Oil Till brown.
- 9 Drain the Rice and add to the Onion.
- 10 Mix the Coconut and Lemon Juice in the Rice and fry lightly for a couple of minutes.
- 11 Pour a cup of Water into the pan in which Fish was fried and bring to the bOil, pour this Water into the Rice mixture.
- 12 Add extra Warm Water, just enough for the Rice to simmer and cook
- 13 Turn the Rice out on a serving plate and arrange the cooked Fish pieces on top.
- 14 Garnish with chopped Coriander Seedss leaves.