Cantonese Roast Duck Recipe
This is the duck with a shining reddish-brown skin seen hanging in the windows of a good Cantonese restaurant.
- 1 Prepare the Duck by cutting off the flights and removing the Oil sac under the tail.
- 2 Mix the Five Spice Powder, Salt, star Anise and Sugar together and place inside the Duck. Sew the vent up very securely.
- 3 Pour a kettle of Boiling Water over the Duck, then dry it.
- 4 BOil the 5 tsps Water with the maltose to make a thin syrup. Paint the outside of the Duck with the syrup. Hang the Duck in airy place for 4 to 6 hours. The Duck does not need sun, only wind.
- 5 When the Duck is dry, hang it in a hot oven (400°F, gas 6) with a drip tray underneath for 15 minutes.
- 6 Then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F, Gas
- 7 Continue cooking for another 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the bird. (Allow 15 minutes per 1 lb and 15 minutes extra.)
- 8 Leave the Duck to cold before serving, and carve it. This Duck can be served as one dish in a family meal; alternatively a few pieces of Duck on a bowl of hot Rice makes a light lunch or snack.
Mangalorean Kori Rotti Mushroom Pepper Fry Dum Chicken Recipe. Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Marsala Sauce Wheat Germ Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes Cedar Planked Salmon Albondigas Butter Chicken The Best Meatloaf Cheese Omelette Grilled Lamb with Brown Sugar Glaze Honey Fried Chicken Chicken Tikka Masala Mughlai Chicken Potato in Bombay Duck More Non Vegetarian Recipes