Prawn Sushi Recipe
Shrimp is a direct translation of amaebi ama meaning sweet and not it’s true given name. For similarities in taste and texture, the more abundant botan shrimp in the west coast of the U.S. took place the of amaebi and was called sweet shrimp from then on. Recently, the original amaebi, or Alaskan pink shrimp are becomming available in small circulation.
- 1 Keeping the shell intact pass a tooth pick through the flesh of the Prawn so that it doesn't curl.
- 2 BOil these Prawn in Water for about 3-4 minnutes or Till they change colour.
- 3 Drain the Water and immediately pass the Prawn through cold Water.
- 4 Now remove the toothpicks and peel the shell off from the Prawn, but leave the tail section of the shell.
- 5 Cut the Prawn slightly and remove the vein from its back.
- 6 Make a deeper incersion on the Prawn and spread the Prawn making it look like a Butterfly.
- 7 To prepare the marinade, mix the Vinegar with Water, Salt, Sugar, Ajinomoto and mix it with the Prawn, then marinate for 1 hour.
- 8 Beat the Egg Yolk lightly and remove about 21/2 tsps. of the Egg Yolk and keep aside.
- 9 Add Water to the remaining yolks, mix well and cook over a medium flame Till the yolks turn firm.
- 10 Drain the yolks and then mash them to a fine paste.
- 11 Mix the Sugar, Salt. Lemon Juice, Ajinomoto and the rest of the Egg Yolk and beat well.
- 12 Pass this mixture through a fine sieve, then mix it with the mashed Egg Yolk and keep aside.
- 13 Divide the filling into 6 portions an dthen filling them into the 6 individual Prawn.
- 14 Seal the edges but pressing them together and serve.