Chettinad Chicken Recipe
|Occasion||Dinner Party, Birthday Party|
|Recipe Type||Lunch, Dinner, Curry|
Chicken Chettinad is another authentic south Indian dish. Chettinad is a very special and popular style of cooking in Tamilnadu. They are known for a variety of dishes and Chettinad Chicken has to be the king of them. You’ll find this listed in almost every South Indian restaurant menu . The chicken is cooked with some distinct ingredients such as poppy seeds , fennel seeds, coriander seeds that give a very special aroma to the curry. Chettinad is known for its culinary delicacies. Chettinad food, now is one of the many reasons why people get to know Chettinad.
- 1 Wash the Chicken and cut to pieces.
- 2 Mince Garlic and Ginger.
- 3 Powder Pepper, Cumin Seed and Fennel together.
- 4 Fry the powders lightly and keep aside.
- 5 Season Clove in Oil in a frying pan, add Onion and Tomato.
- 6 Sauté well adding Garlic and Ginger.
- 7 Add Chicken with little Turmeric Powderr powder and cook for 10 minutes.
- 8 Add chilli /Coriander Seedss powders, Salt and mix well.
- 9 Pour 4 cups of Water and bOil.
- 10 When Chicken is half bOiled, add the half fried Pepper, Cumin Seed and Fennel powder and mix well.
- 11 When the gravy thickens to a paste, remove from fire.
- 12 Serve hot.